It is no secret that a lot of people love California because of its natural beauty, cutting-edge technology, vibrant food culture, movies and music: it has it all, but this also means that California is home to some of the nation’s busiest highways. As pleasant as it is to live and visit California, a good day can turn sour quickly. When people are careless or negligent, they can cause accidents that injure or kill people.
Personal injuries are very harmful and can affect a person’s life in many ways, serious injuries can result in lifelong disability causing emotional and financial stress to the victim and the immediate family members. Unfortunately vehicle collisions generally result in serious injuries. In Los Angeles County alone, there are more than 7.5 million registered vehicles, so if you or someone you care about was unfortunately injured at a car accident due to someone’s negligence then you have the right to hire a personal injury lawyer and seek fair compensation. Everybody has the responsibility to act with reasonable care to avoid causing harm and catastrophic injury to others. Those who fail should be held accountable.
According to the Federal Highway Administration, fog causes an average of 31,385 crashes in the United States every year. Those crashes result in 511 deaths and 11,812 injuries on average. By contrast, according to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) fatality statistics (recorded between 2004 and 2013), heat kills 123 Americans per year, tornadoes 109, floods 75 and lightning 33. The risks associated with driving in foggy conditions should not be underestimated.
Justice demands that the party responsible for the vehicle accident compensate the victim for the losses. A California personal injury lawyer at Workers’ Advocate Law Group can take on your injury case, no matter the circumstances. We can help you go after those who caused your injuries and damages. We can concentrate on getting you paid while you work on recovering from your injuries. We have helped countless injury victims recover full and fair compensation for their personal injury or the wrongful death of a loved one.
We take pride in the fact that we are driven to get results for everyone we represent. If you’ve recently been hurt in a car accident, we can help you by:
- Investigating your accident to compile evidence.
- Negotiating on your behalf with the other driver’s insurance company or helping you file for uninsured benefits under your own insurance policy.
- Filing and pursuing a lawsuit on your behalf if negotiations don’t lead to a successful settlement.
- Pursue a claim for financial compensation against the at-fault parties and recover the money you need to be made financially whole.
Our accident attorneys are here to explain your legal options, counsel you on the best way to proceed, and do everything in our power to minimize the stress you’re feeling following your accident.
To have a valid car accident claim, we must be able to prove that the other driver was negligent. A driver can be found negligent for all types of errors, such as:
- Running red lights/stop signs
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Reckless driving
- Drowsy driving
- Unsafe lane changes
- Improper turning
In addition, we must also be able to show that the driver’s error caused the accident and that your injuries were the direct result of the accident.
Common Car Accident Injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Lower extremity injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Road rash
- Internal injuries
- Skull fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head injuries including concussions
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruising
- Dental injuries
- Facial injuries
- Ligament, tendon, or muscle strains, and tearing
- Loss of mobility
- Organ damage
- Wrongful death
Do I need a lawyer if I have car insurance?
Even if an insurance company helps by paying for the cost to repair or replace a vehicle, they’ll still do what they can to limit the amount they have to pay a claimant following an accident. Therefore, whether you have car insurance or not, you should consider speaking with a California Car Accident Attorney who can help with the insurance process and also with pursuing legal action that could reward you with significant compensation.
Insurance companies typically attempt to settle claims for far less than their value, however, and the other driver’s insurer may claim that you caused the car accident. You should know that the theory of “comparative negligence” applies to car accidents in Southern California. This means that if you contributed to the accident in any way, you can still recover damages, but the amount will be reduced by the percentage of blame assigned to you. As an example, if the amount of your damages is $100,000, but the insurance company determines that you were 30 percent at fault, the final amount of damages awarded to you will be reduced to $70,000.
At Workers’ Advocate Law Group we have the skills and experience to help you get the maximum compensation you deserve. If the insurance company fails to offer a fair and reasonable settlement, we will take them to court.
Some of the injuries that individuals sustain in a vehicle accident include the following.
- Broken bones: The injury can be extremely painful requiring a surgery. Also, the injury normally takes a long time to heal.
Deep tissue lacerations: The damage to the tissue can be extensive that could result in an infection.
- Burn injuries: Burn injuries can result in case the vehicle catches fire after the accident.
- Spinal cord injuries: A damage to the spinal cord can have serious health complications. The individual may become handicapped and remain dependent on others for daily activities.
- Whiplash injury: The injury occurs due to rapid backward and forward movement of the head in an accident.
- Brain injuries: The injury results in a concussion or contusion, internal bleeding, lacerations, and skull fractures requiring surgery. In the majority of cases, the head and brain injury result in permanent disability resulting in loss of earning.
- Herniated Disc: The injury results in severe pain as the disks that act as a cushion between vertebrae or backbones protrudes and presses the adjacent spinal nerves.
File your claim and schedule your free consultation in English or Spanish today. Count on an experienced lawyer from Workers’ Advocate Law Group who has extensive experience in fighting for their clients’ rights.