Unfortunately for pedestrians, walking can be risky and hundreds of pedestrians are injured or killed in Northern California each year. When a negligent or reckless driver causes injury to a pedestrian, the victim has a right to file a lawsuit to obtain compensation. California has some of the highest rates of pedestrian fatalities in the country. The vast majority of these tragedies are caused by distracted driving, drunk driving, and other forms of driver negligence. If you or someone you love was injured in a pedestrian crash, our lawyers can assist you for a free consultation with a California pedestrian accident attorney.
Common Car Accident Injuries
When a vehicle strikes a pedestrian, there is high potential for devastating and permanent injury. These injuries can be life threatening and even fatal.
- Broken or fractured bones
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Lower extremity injuries
- Road rash
- Loss of mobility
- Spinal cord injuries
- Skull fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruising
- Dental injuries
- Internal injuries
- Facial injuries
- Head injuries including concussions
- Ligament, tendon, or muscle strains, and tearing
- Organ damage
- Wrongful death
Even though you may strongly believe that you’re not at fault or that you were obeying all pertinent traffic laws, the defense attorney may attempt to allot more blame to you to lessen the financial obligations of his or her client. But if you can proove that the driver’s conduct was reckless or egregious (e.g. speeding, driving under the influence), you may even be awarded punitive damages. In any case, there are a number of factors involved in determining the driver’s responsibility, such as:
- Were you in a crosswalk?
- At what time did the accident occur?
- How fast was the driver going?
- Was the driver’s visibility impacted by sun glare, rain or fog?
- Was the traffic light for the driver green, yellow or red?
We handle a variety of pedestrian accident claims including:
- Pedestrian accidents due to distracted driving
- Pedestrian accidents involving rideshare vehicles
- Pedestrian accidents due to malfunctioning road signals and signage
- Pedestrian accidents resulting in spinal cord or brain injuries
- Pedestrian accidents involving drunk drivers
- Pedestrian accidents involving motorcycles
- Pedestrian accidents involving buses
- Pedestrian accidents involving trains
- Pedestrian accidents involving commercial trucks
Working with a reputable personal injury lawyer offers you the best chances at succeeding in your pedestrian accident claim or lawsuit. An attorney will gather the evidence to present the best case possible and will relieve the stress of navigating the insurance claim negotiation and settlement process or legal system. Pedestrian traffic laws in California can be complicated and this is why we recommend you get immediate assistance from a skilled, experienced, tenacious pedestrian accident attorney from our group who has dealt with many accident cases before. You should never agree to make a statement to or ask questions from an insurance company following a personal injury accident of any type until you consult with legal counsel.
File your claim and schedule your free consultation in English or Spanish today. Count on an experienced lawyer from Workers’ Advocate Law Group who has extensive experience in fighting for their clients’ rights.